The OR clinical case coordinator operates within Springfield Memorial Hospital’s corporate, hospital and Perioperative Division mission, philosophy, goals and objectives, and assists the MOR Nurse Manager in planning, coordinating, and evaluating the activities of the patient care area(s) to provide quality patient care. The clinical case coordinator also assists the NM in colleague evaluations, SENSOR reports, colleague scheduling and additional education needs. The clinical case coordinator assumes primary responsibility for the facilitation of first case on-time starts, coordination of room turnaround processes and personnel, smooth and efficient case progression, and management of unscheduled or emergent cases. The clinical case coordinator will, in collaboration with the nurse manager and charge nurse for the Main OR, problem-solve, optimize daily operation in the OR, and remove barriers to optimize patient outcomes and patient, staff, and physician satisfaction. Functions as a patient advocate, clinical expert, and as leader/mentor/advisor for nursing personnel. Actively participates in and supports the development, implementation, and evaluation of major change initiatives.
• BSN preferred.
• RN registered in the state of Illinois with current active licensure.
• National perioperative certification as CNOR held, or must be attained within three years of assuming the role.
• BLS required
• At least five years of experience as a registered nurse in surgery, perioperative services or other similar area required, with demonstrated leadership/management skills.
• Must possess knowledge of regulatory and accreditation standards specific to the patient population supervised.
• Attendance at educational programs pertaining to areas of responsibility.
• Demonstrates initiative, excellent oral and written communication skills, human relations skills, and the ability to work cooperatively with others.
• Demonstrates strong customer service behaviors.
Continuous Quality Improvement:
Performs other tasks and duties as assigned.