This position assists with the coordination of all patient placement activities throughout the facility. Patient Placement Assistants partner with physicians, nursing staff & other departments within the organization to move patients along the continuum of care to optimize quality patient outcomes and customer satisfaction. They ensure patient information is in the electronic system and communicate with all necessary parties to ensure smooth transfers for hospital patients.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• 6 months – 1 year of patient-related clerical or customer service experience required.
• Medical terminology, medical office or registration experience is required.
• Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently.
• Basic working knowledge of personal computers and Microsoft Office products required.