The Food Service Tech assists in the cafeteria and patient tray line preparation of food for serving. Delivers, serves and picks up all patient trays and assist in the cafeteria tray line as directed.
• Experience in food service preferred but not required.
• Ability to multitask while working with others.
• Ability to understand diets.
• Ability to perform communication and customer relation skills.
• Ability to perform interpersonal skills to interact with co-workers, medical staff, patients, customers, and visitors.
1. Sets up and cleans as appropriate in daily assigned position.
2. Accurately follows patient meal guides and sets up trays.
3. Passes trays in an accurate and friendly manner according to procedure.
4. Follows sanitation procedures (bleach, water, gloves, labeling).
5. Follows scraping, loading/unloading, storage and dating procedures as required.
6. Prepares and labels patient nourishments accurately.
7. Takes dish machine temperatures regularly.
8. Accurately stores clean dishes and pans.
9. Restocks cafeteria accurately and in a timely manner.
10. Performs other related work as required or requested.