Responsible for the timely and accurate posting of payments and adjustments into the hospital proprietary billing system. They will be responsible for processing of 835 ERA, ACH, EFT transactions, processing USPS Mail and Inter-office mail, balancing daily batches and assisting with daily reconciliation, initiating and monitoring of automated software posting programs, preparing documentation for reconciliation and auditing. Embodies the Memorial Health System Performance Excellence Standards of Safety, Courtesy, Quality, and Efficiency that support our mission, vision and values.
• Education equivalent to graduation from high school or GED is required. Associates preferred.
• Two (2) years of experience in billing, insurance, collections, or related background required. Previous experience with the processing of Insurance and Contractual Allowance aspects of Commercial and Managed Care contracts is highly preferred.
• Ability to read and interpret ERAs (Electronic Remittance Advice), ACHs (Automated Clearing House) transactions, EFTs (Electronic Fund Transfers), and EOBs (Explanation of Benefits)/EOPs (Explanation of Payment).
• Demonstrates the ability to accurately type net 30 WPM (alphanumeric).
• Demonstrates the ability to accurately key net 6000 KPH (numeric).
• Basic working knowledge of personal computers and their associate user software is required. Experience with Microsoft Office products Word and Excel is preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to work successfully with internal customers and external contacts is required.
• Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication, keyboarding, and basic math skills.