Contacts various parties via telephone and in writing to collect patient responsibility account balances.
Education equivalent to graduation from high school or GED required.
• Six or more months of business office experience, preferably in the areas of billing, collections, insurance principles/practices, or accounts receivable.
• Previous experience as a collector is highly desirable.
• Working knowledge of computers is required, with the ability to enter and retrieve data, and electronically notate billing application and associated software programs.
• Must demonstrate ability to work successfully with internal and external customers.
• Must demonstrate detail orientation, critical thinking, and problem solving ability.
• Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication and customer service skills.
• Must demonstrate ability to persuade and negotiate effectively.