The Clinical Informatics Consultant I serves as a resource and liaison in the development, implementation, and support of health information technology with a focus in the Emergency Department across Memorial Health System. Triages incoming issues and requests and determines remedial and/or escalation procedures. Conducts testing and maintenance of clinical applications and related technology. Develops and facilitates education to ensure competency related to all aspects of hardware and software. Partners with nursing staff, administration, and IS colleagues to identify and implement new and/or enhanced technology and process solutions.
· Bachelor’s degree required; Bachelors in Nursing preferred.
· Current IL RN license required.
· A minimum of two years acute care bedside nursing experience is required. At least one year bedside nursing is preferred to be recent experience.
· A minimum of two years applied technical experience in a clinical environment or experience with electronic medical record systems required.
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff using technical and non-technical verbiage.
· Availability to participate in evening, night and weekend ‘on-call’ rotation as required for 24 hour, 7 day a week support of systems.
· Proven track record of excellent critical thinking skills and independent problem-solving abilities.
· Working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
· Light physical effort.