Assists with support of efficient and effective packaging and handling of sterile medical products. Completes training in areas of picking supplies for cases, phones, transporting case carts, and passes a competency requirement of the department. At the completion of orientation, successfully prepares case carts and the processes associated. Participates in activities to analyze and improve sterile processing performance and support safety. Embodies the Memorial Health System Performance Excellence Standards of Safety, Courtesy, Quality, and Efficiency that support our mission, vision and values.
*This is an evening, Per Diem, position*
1. Consults with Manager, Sterile Processing or Sterile Processing Lead Technician to facilitate daily plan for instrumentation need and turnaround.
2. Collaborates with instrument nursing and equipment tech personnel to actively contribute to instrumentation turnaround planned for specific surgical cases are available and prepared for use.
3. Examines the surgical environment for conditions that pose a safety risk and takes action to minimize risk.
4. Demonstrates (verbally and nonverbally) a willingness to support organizational change and assists with the development of a plan to accomplish change(s). Functions to support a culture of teamwork and safety.
5. Complies with safety principles. Recognizes and reports unsafe conditions and contributes to their resolution.
6. Handles floor stock medications or medications delivered from pharmacy directly or through the pneumatic tube system. Relocates these medications, in original containers, to designated secure storage locations or delivers to appropriate licensed staff.
7. Performs other related work as required or requested.